Linux System Administrator
Title: Linux System Administrator
Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Full-time
Education: 4-year College Degree
Experience: 5 years
Travel required: 5%
Compensation: Market salary; incentive stock options; generous healthcare and other benefits
Reports to: Director of Operations
Apply: Resume and cover letter to CAREERS@TRACKVIA.COM
TrackVia is seeking a self-motivated, experienced, linux systems administrator to join our software development team. Candidates should be high level system administrator that is comfortable working in an agile environment.
Candidates will be responsible for designing and building innovative features as part of an agile development team. These activities include new feature design, technical analysis, software development, testing and systems integration.
- Proactively monitor system health and performance (Sensu)
- Maintain 99.999% uptime of Linux servers
- Administer Linux OS (Amazon Linux and Ubuntu)
- Develop and maintain strong OS and network security practices
- Manage backups, restores, and DR for servers, applications, and databases
- Assist with MySQL administration
- Develop and maintain system configurations (scripts, Puppet, others)
- Manage hosted environments at AWS
- Setup and maintain environments for dev, qa, and production
- Participate in a 24×7 on call rotation
- Create and maintain Linux related documentation
- Maintain corporate network (LAN, firewall, VPN)
- Expert level Linux administration (Ubuntu and Redhat)
- Strong scripting skills (BASH, Python, PHP…)
- Strong TCP/IP skills
- Expert knowledge of deployment software (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Jenkins, …)
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Experience working with and supporting developers
- Fit in with our ‘best place to work’ culture of fun with results
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written communications: clarity, brevity, grammar
- Excellent verbal communications: articulateness, patience, listening skills
- Professionalism: promptness, attention to detail, organization
- Experience in Agile processes
- 5+ years experience in Linux administration preferably in a production web environment.
- Experience with MySQL is a plus
- Experience Python and Ruby
- Experience using puppet
- Experience using git.
- Experience administering Apache and Nginx
- AWS experience including VPC, EC2, Route 53, S3, and RDS
Founded in 2006, TrackVia is a privately held company based in the mile high city of Denver, CO. We have nearly 15 thousand active users in 14 countries who have built nearly 6,000 custom TrackVia applications for everything from department-level apps to highly customized apps for vertical industries. TrackVia is used by businesses large and small and consistently earns accolades for its unmatched customer support.
Our simple and sole reason for being is to help non-technical business users create applications that work the way they do – and better address their unique, individual needs. And nothing excites us more than working with and talking to our customers.